Celebrating small milestones

Births, graduations, retirement, anniversaries and the like are widely celebrated. What we tend to overlook are the minor milestones in life. I say we should mark other moments, regardless of their size.

It is unlikely that I’ll be around for centenary birthdays, but last week I posted my 100th blog entry, which is a smaller centennial occasion.

That doesn’t even count all the April to mid-June Random Ramblings, which I have yet to post on my blog, because initially I only 'published' my entries via email.

To commemorate the 100th milestone, here is my top 10 list from my 2010 postings. These aren’t in any particular order and they aren't necessarily the ones you replied to in droves, but they are among the ones I enjoyed writing the most. Thank you to all of you who have encouraged me to keep writing.

- Scents that jog happy childhood moments
- Writing with a perfect pen
- Back-to-school shopping
- When a new addition joins the family
- The wonders of technology
- Initials
- Playground lingo
- When perfect beach days coincide with weekends
- Experiencing a classic movie during a different stage of life
- When old-fashioned expressions creep into modern-day conversations

Feel free to weigh in if you preferred other entries. And why not watch for small, potential milestones in everyday life. They’re cause to celebrate a wee dose of

AWESOME-ness!

Comments

  1. Congratulations on 100 Awesome posts!
    - Cindy G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, Lise, thank you for telling me about "The Book of Awesome." I can still remember us sneaking away, mid-day, to Leonhard's for lunch and a good chat, which is where the book discussion surfaced. And secondly, thank you for not only having the idea to share your own ramblings but also the action-oriented follow through to actually create them as frequently as you do. Reading your rambling is the best part of the day ... I see it come up on my blackberry but I do my best to wait until I'm at work. I make a hot cup of tea and pause, sit back and enjoy the read and all the memories that surface. THANK YOU!!!

    Here are my top ten of your first 100 (in no particular order):

    1. Observing joy in someone's eyes
    2. Watching someone you love
    3. Heated car seats (oh yes!)
    4. First snowfalls
    5. Highly compentent and dedicated colleagues (you are a prime example of one)
    6. Warmth of sunshine on your face (I am solar powered)
    7. Squeezing back into a favourite outfit
    8. Scents that joy happy childhood memories
    9. Contagious laughter
    10.Initiation into a polar bear swim club (cause I have the great memory of doing it with you!)

    And a token 11th that I cannot leave out because it fills me to the brim with gratitude:

    11. Springing someone from the hospital.

    I look forward to the next 100. You rock, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Cindy G. and Cindy R.!
    I've enjoyed the act of writing my blog entries and it is wonderful to hear that others get a kick out of reading them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Readers' faves

Any excuse to celebrate (my guest post on 1000 Awesome Friends)

Retweets for mental health

Ironing boards with quiet mechanisms