Counting sleeps, not sheep

Why is it that when you long for something to happen you count sleeps (or dodos for the francophones among us)?

Retailers may advertise X number of days until Christmas or some other over-commercialized holiday, but those businesses have it all wrong. When we are excited about an upcoming date, we count sleeps.

After working in Nova Scotia for part of this week and riding out a storm, I get to head back to the Island for the weekend. The anticipation is delicious.

Not only am I down to the last dodo, it’s the final one before I am welcomed home to drift off to sleep in my very own bed, safely tucked next to my Luv.

AWESOME!

Comments

Readers' faves

Any excuse to celebrate (my guest post on 1000 Awesome Friends)

Retweets for mental health

Ironing boards with quiet mechanisms