When your food order is timed just right

If you’re anything like me, you enjoy indulging in food that really isn’t that good for you. With any luck, you’re better than me and you do so far less often, but that’s another story.

For me, such indulgences mean popping into a Wendy’s. After debating whether to order something sweet or salty, I may opt for the former and order fries instead of a Frosty.

The teenager at the cash register rings in my order, takes my pocket change and heads over to the stainless steel bin under the heat lamps. To the teen’s dismay, the drive-thru staffer has just scoffed the last of the fries.

The teen looks forlorn and shifts from one foot to the other with impatience.

Oh darn. I’ve missed out on the less-than-hot, straggler fries. I’ll just have to wait all of 30 to 45 seconds for first dibs at a fresh batch of salty yumminess.

AWESOME!

Comments

Readers' faves

Any excuse to celebrate (my guest post on 1000 Awesome Friends)

Retweets for mental health

Ironing boards with quiet mechanisms