Tackling the Confederation Bridge on FOOT

As many of you know, I finally decided to take my health into my own hands and get serious about fitness.

As a first step, I signed up for Ufit’s grueling bootcamp classes this spring. Bootcamp ran through until July 20th. Step two has been to keep up the bootcamp homework sessions and alternate that with cardio workouts.

So far, I’ve been uncharacteristically disciplined. My body is screaming at me, but I’m bound and determined to make this work. Having a dedicated partner in crime helps too!!!

Step three is to cross the nearly 13-km long Confederation Bridge on FOOT. Yes, on September 19th I will walk/jog across the world’s longest bridge (to span ice-covered waters). What was an engineering feat for Canada will become a feat of endurance for me.

I’m looking forward to the opportunity to participate in this special 30th anniversary of Terry Fox’s Marathon of Hope. My trek across the Confederation Bridge will also support cancer research to honour those I’ve lost to cancer as well as to give hope to those who continue to fight the battle.

If you’re able to support me in this worthy fundraising cause, please click on the secure “Sponsor Me” button at this address: http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx?registrationID=919511&LangPref=en-CA

I’ll be joined by hundreds, maybe thousands of Islanders and New Brunswickers for the Bridge crossing during the 2010 Terry Fox Run. If you don't wish to donate, then please cheer on those who take part in the Run in your community.

Thank you,

Lise

Comments

  1. Mazel tov for making this worthwhile commitment, Lise! I know you can do it!!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Readers' faves

Any excuse to celebrate (my guest post on 1000 Awesome Friends)

Retweets for mental health

Ironing boards with quiet mechanisms