The glow that outlines clouds

As much as stormy skies can fascinate us and blue skies can infuse us with joy, I must confess that I also like the in-between skies.

Before the skies clear up, that post-storm calm can present dark clouds backlit by sunshine (moonlight works too, but the effect isn’t quite as strong).

It’s as though the clouds have a silver lining or a neon border. Add some warm colours at dawn or dusk and you have the makings for

AWESOME!

I have yet to capture glowing clouds with my digital camera, so I cannot include my own photo. Someone on flickr posted the following picture, which shows a glowing cloud on the far right http://www.flickr.com/photos/esok/3843778653/

Comments

Readers' faves

Any excuse to celebrate (my guest post on 1000 Awesome Friends)

Retweets for mental health

Ironing boards with quiet mechanisms