Spa scents

In one of my earliest blog posts, I wrote about scents that jog childhood memories. Scents can conjure other reactions too.

This entry is about how the intermingling of a few herbs and fruits can flick a switch in the brain instantly signaling the body to relax.

In general, I experience adverse reactions to perfumes and strong smells, and yet, spa scents tend to quiet my busy mind, unfurl my brow  and release my tense shoulders.

Spa scents don't overpower. They aren't musky either. Instead, they merely trigger a sense of calm to wash over you.

That's the miracle of a hint of mint, a dash of rosemary, a splash of citrus oil, and subtle undertones of lavender.

Soothing spa scents...

      AWESOME!

Do you find any specific scents relax you? 

Comments

Readers' faves

Any excuse to celebrate (my guest post on 1000 Awesome Friends)

Retweets for mental health

Ironing boards with quiet mechanisms