Getting assigned to the same class as your best friend

Do teachers still call out names in the school yard (or gym on rainy days) to group students by their new classes?

Even if today's students discover teacher names and class lists online, I'm sure there are countless students praying hard to be paired in the same class as their BFF.

Recently, my colleagues and I were divvied into two teams under newly appointed managers. In the weeks leading up to the announcement, I caught myself wishing to be grouped with friends.

While I've gained better coping mechanisms since my elementary-school days, I'm amazed that similar emotions can creep up.

Knowing you aren't facing the school year or the workplace alone...

      AWESOME!

Comments

  1. Makayla is likely right there with you, Lise! She's starting Pre-School in an hour and is incredibly lucky to have her cousin in class with her!

    Makayla hopes your workplace transition has not just good friends, but not much crying and very few tantrums! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Readers' faves

Any excuse to celebrate (my guest post on 1000 Awesome Friends)

Retweets for mental health

Ironing boards with quiet mechanisms