The first sign of results from a workout regimen

Have you been taking the stairs more often? Cycling to work? Attending Pilates classes or going to the gym? Walking trails with family or friends? Rollerblading on that newly paved and relatively level road?

Summer not only brings great weather, but it also ushers in patio season and an abundance of COWS. It is tough to resist the pull of beer, ice cream and good company, so many of us vow to start moving a little more to offset those summer indulgences.

Whatever you’ve taken up, you’ll feel a rush of satisfaction when you see early hints of results from your efforts.

For some, those signs may be that your clothes fit better, your arms jiggle less, you don’t get as winded when you climb several flights of stairs, or maybe you even shed a few pounds.

Last night marked the official end of my grueling boot camp classes. Amazingly, I didn’t injure myself, but that's not to say I didn't feel pain!

What's the best part of it all? I now know I can do more push ups than I used to be able to do and I’ve seen some early results from all that work. For me, those signs are better balance and slightly smaller boobs (apologies if that's too much info ☺).

AWESOME!

Comments

  1. Congratulations, Lise! If you want to take some walks any evening, I'm yer gal (and so is SJ)!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Readers' faves

Any excuse to celebrate (my guest post on 1000 Awesome Friends)

Retweets for mental health

Ironing boards with quiet mechanisms