Feeling rarely used muscles

Prior to June 10th, I distributed my "awesomes" or random ramblings to a select few via email. After pressure from some of my friends, I began to post these notes as blog entries. I chose to start the trend with my June 10th post, because I was curious what scents (if any) triggered childhood memories for those who read my awesomes.

But, it turns out very few ever choose to comment online. Perhaps it is just easier to read the email, or it seems too public or time consuming to visit the blog. Whatever the reason, I'll keep logging them here for posterity, and in the hopes that some of you may jump into the fray and start adding your two cents worth, even if it is only from time to time. Feel a bit shy? You can even comment anonymously.

Okay, on with the show. The awesome below is one I shared on June 9th, right before my blog versions. I'm re-issuing this entry as a much needed, post-boot camp reminder to myself that I actually wanted this pain. Owwwwwwwwww.


Feeling rarely used muscles

Try out a new sport or do a repetitive movement for hours on end, such as painting or gardening. You will soon discover muscle groups you didn’t know you had, or that you’d forgotten about for a season or two.

As achy as those muscles feel at the time (or in my case, even days later), there is a certain amount of satisfaction to be had from knowing that you worked those muscles hard.

AWESOME!

Comments

  1. Yes, I'm back, Max. However, my blogging is just for fun, whereas your blog entries are insightful and valuable to others.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Readers' faves

Any excuse to celebrate (my guest post on 1000 Awesome Friends)

Retweets for mental health

Ironing boards with quiet mechanisms