An excuse for a get together with many friends

As children, we had any number of reasons for getting together: sleepovers, pool parties, sports, campouts, etc. Then we grew up and most of us slipped into busy routines of work, family, chores, commutes and all sorts of responsibilities.

Yesterday, people across North America celebrated the Super Bowl―an annual reason to kick back with friends, who they may only see once or twice per year. 

Let’s face it, the game is about more than football, because far more people partake in Super Bowl festivities than actually follow football throughout the regular season. For some of us, the only reason to tune in for the Super Bowl is the creative ads and the music performances mid-way through the game.

I fall into that group of non-Super Bowl fans. Even if I enjoyed football, I’d be ousted for not liking chicken wings. Lucky for me, I had a separate excuse for an evening of friends, drinks, food and fun.

This weekend marked the second annual gathering of the PEI Sisterhood of W.I.N.O.S. (women in need of sanity). My girlfriend hosts this soirée to break up winter and give her friends a perfect excuse to break routine. She invests time, money and thoughtfulness into her evening for the Sisterhood.

Thanks to Trish, I get to experience a lovely night out, plus she’s taught me everything I know about wine tasting and wine trivia, she’s encouraged me to try new foods and drinks, and she’s introduced me to people I wouldn’t have otherwise met. She’s the hostess with the mostest and she’s
  
      AWESOME!

Comments

  1. It was tons of fun and enjoyed seeing you again. Honured to be included in your WINOS club :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Readers' faves

Any excuse to celebrate (my guest post on 1000 Awesome Friends)

Retweets for mental health

Ironing boards with quiet mechanisms