Foods wafting through vents

Earlier this week, as I sat idling in bumper-to-bumper traffic, I was pleasantly surprised to smell grilled steak. (I was rewarded twice over, because it also confirmed that my frost-bitten nose still functioned.)

When in a car, you expect to smell exhaust, damp shoes, tar from construction projects and other nasty odours, so food scents are most welcome.

On the Island, we get to smell hash browns and fries whenever we pass a Cavendish Farms plant. And if you've ever driven by a strawberry field in mid- to late-June, then you know exactly how inviting it is to have food scents blowing in through car vents.

      AWESOME!!!

Comments

Readers' faves

Any excuse to celebrate (my guest post on 1000 Awesome Friends)

Retweets for mental health

Ironing boards with quiet mechanisms