Patriotism

Not in an egotistical "everyone else should be like us" attitude and not in a "rioting after Stanley Cup finals" kind of way.

I'm thinking more along the lines of when:
  • your eyes well up during the singing of your national anthem
  • you see people with maple leaf tattoos
  • you watch Canada Day fireworks with family and friends
  • you spot groups of people waving your national flag
  • children are all decked out in red and white, right up to the face paint
  • you feel a sense of pride in the scientific, sporting and artistic advances of your fellow citizens
Years ago, the “My name is Joe and I am Canadian” commercial was a runaway hit for Molson. Its popularity had nothing to do with beer and everything to do with patriotism.

AWESOME!

I hope everyone enjoyed Canada Day and I wish our neighbours, family and friends in the U.S. a happy July 4th.
 
I spotted this guy's car AFTER I posted this blog entry, but I figured it was worth supplementing my post.

Comments

  1. As my friend Liz replied, "Patriotism is a way for our soul to remind our brain of how fortunate we are..."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Readers' faves

Any excuse to celebrate (my guest post on 1000 Awesome Friends)

Retweets for mental health

Ironing boards with quiet mechanisms