Healing power of silliness with a side of branding


In the 1970s, they sported Holly Hobbie, Snoopy, Barbie, Cookie Monster or G.I. Joe.

Come the 1980s, first aid cabinets spilled over with Garfield, Strawberry Shortcake, The Smurfs, Transformers and neon colours.

Now, parents stock up on Dora, Elmo, Disney Princesses, Nemo and Lightning McQueen.

Who am I kidding? These aren't just for kids. I've purchased my share of Tigger and glow-in-the-dark Harry Potter Band-Aids. Today, thanks to a box of Mr. Men bandages R & C shipped to us, I can model Mr. Bump on my thumb.

Even if you have plain bandages, you can add an element of silliness. This week, I needed blood work, so my nurse drew vials, then slapped a circular bandage on my arm. According to her, "Nobody should suffer a needle prick without a smile." I looked at my arm only to find she had pre-drawn a smiley face in red ink.

AWESOME!


[I re-traced the nurse's pen lines with a red Sharpie to make the face show up better for this photo.]
 

Comments

Readers' faves

Any excuse to celebrate (my guest post on 1000 Awesome Friends)

Retweets for mental health

Ironing boards with quiet mechanisms