When the days start to get longer

Not in a “Will this day ever end?” kind of way.

Even though the longest, darkest day of the year happened months ago, it is only in the last week or two that I noticed it’s no longer pitch black outside when I leave the house in the morning. The same is true when I head home from the office at night.

It rocks to score extra daylight hours, but at this time of year, I’ll even settle for extra minutes of natural light.

It’s a far cry from summer solstice, yet as someone who isn’t really a fan of winter sports or watching sports on TV (No, I don’t know who won yesterday’s Super Bowl.), I have been counting down to spring since before Christmas.

Winter storms may still hammer us for a little while, but we can face them now that the days are getting longer and the daylight reflects off the snow to recharge our internal batteries.

AWESOME!

Comments

  1. I was so happy for extra sunlight yesterday - I brought Rosie for an (extra) evening walk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't even thought of the bonus fitness aspect. You and Rosie were right to get out for that extra walk when you did, because if Halifax weather was anything like what hit us last night then it was a night for staying indoors.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Readers' faves

Any excuse to celebrate (my guest post on 1000 Awesome Friends)

Retweets for mental health

Ironing boards with quiet mechanisms