Wood stoves

Ahhhhhhh, nothing heats quite like a wood stove.

Whenever I visit family and friends who have wood stoves, I just bask in that warmth. I cram more logs in, poke the embers and huddle as close to the stove as I can without melting my clothing.

Wood stoves create such a comforting and sometimes even romantic environment. I especially like the ones with a high-efficiency glass door to provide a mesmerizing and peaceful view.

During power outages, wood stoves are more than a reliable source of warmth. Unlike gas fireplaces, wood stoves also offer a place to heat food and boil water for tea.

And when you must leave the fire to step outside into the cold air, that amazing campfire-like scent wafts through the air. At this time of year there's an added bonus...you can enjoy all that without any pesky mosquitos or black flies.

AWESOME!

Comments

  1. Ack!! Wish I hadn't got rid of mine a few months ago. Who knew baseboard heating is so $$$. (Ok ok, I knew...sniff).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Readers' faves

Any excuse to celebrate (my guest post on 1000 Awesome Friends)

Retweets for mental health

Ironing boards with quiet mechanisms