Indulging in a favourite drink

Nearly everyone has a favourite drink. Some indulge in margaritas or single malt scotch, while others prefer flavoured martinis or ice wine.

My heavenly drink is Chambord. If Chambord had been around when Homer authored epic Greek poems, then it could have rivaled nectar as the drink of choice for Greek gods.

While Chambord is too young for Homer's day, the liqueur was inspired by a raspberry drink served to 17th century French royalty. In 1685, King Louis XIV tasted the drink at the Château Chambord — the namesake of today’s liqueur.

Even Chambord’s packaging is regal. But nothing compares to the royally delicious taste.

AWESOME!

Factoids about my favourite drink:
  • Chambord combines the delicious tastes of red raspberries, Madagascar vanilla, blackberries, citrus peel, cognac and honey. How could it not be yummy?
  • Disney animator Glen Keane states that Château Chambord inspired Beast's castle in the “Beauty and the Beast” movie, 
  • Chambord is often packaged with its own recipe book, spanning exotic drinks and desserts to full entrées.
  • Chambord reminds me of a childhood drink I used to enjoy with my grandfather. We would often share a glass of Strawberry Quik before bed. Now when I add Chambord to milk, I dub it Raspberry Quik with Kick

Comments

  1. "Raspberry Quik with Kick", I love it! Well, that is the name, I've never tried the drink. I hope to try this Royal drink sometime, because it really sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stop on by anytime, Fiep.

    I'm careful never to let my Chambord supply run low. The only thing that can "Raspberry Quik with Kick" even more delicious would be to share it with a friend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Readers' faves

Any excuse to celebrate (my guest post on 1000 Awesome Friends)

Retweets for mental health

Ironing boards with quiet mechanisms