Unexpected textures

While I am not a fan of unexpected textures in anything I eat, I quite enjoy seeing and touching weird and wonderful plant textures. Here are two examples:

A friend of mine recently received two birthday bouquets and the flower shown in this picture looked and felt like it had feathers. Seriously, if you had a bunch of these flowers, you could make a boa. (Anyone know the name of this exotic flower?)

How about furry buds on a tree? Pussy willows are one of my favourite signs of spring. At this time of year, you can purchase these gems at your local farmers' market or you can spot them along trails.


Bizzare, fascinating and most definitely
AWESOME!

Comments

  1. Made my day...though gotta say that the carafe in the previous entry looks like a lot of funzies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mystery solved, thanks to Alexandra, Cindy and Anna.

    The flower in the first photo is a protea, from the South African family of Proteaceae. Alex tells me they are sometimes called Giant or King Proteas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Margaret: Glad to hear this blog entry made your day. And you're absolutely right about all the fun involved in the free drinks photo.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Readers' faves

Any excuse to celebrate (my guest post on 1000 Awesome Friends)

Retweets for mental health

Ironing boards with quiet mechanisms