Blowing bubbles

Mix some liquid dish soap with a little water.
Now insert a plastic wand topped by a circle into the mixture.
Blow ever so gently through the circle's opening.

TA DA...colourful bubbles drift away from you. Yay!

Oddly enough, my most vivid memory of blowing bubbles is from my university days. We were in my grandparents backyard with a plastic stick draped in straps.

After dunking the contraption into a bucket of soapy water, I slid the straps apart to start a bubble of astounding proportions. (Okay, truth be told it took a few attempts before I managed to get the massive bubble.)

After many more tries, I nearly succeeded in making a bubble that wrapped right around me. I encourage you to give it a whirl. I'm not sure the name of the toy my grandparents had, but flickr has a photo collection of extreme bubbles from brands like Beeboo and Dip Stix.

Want to make some extreme bubbles of your own? Some words of advice: shake off the excess liquid and don't rush or your bubbles will flop.  

Don't have the right tools? Keep it simple and go for basic bubbles. Their size may not take your breath away, but their sheer quantity and their capacity to delight surely count as equally


      AWESOME!
Bubbles float across the grass in Victoria Park, Charlottetown, PEI

Comments

  1. When my friend Deb blows bubbles with her granddaughter, she adds a couple drops of glycerine to the soap mixture. That special ingredient makes the bubbles last longer.

    Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Readers' faves

Any excuse to celebrate (my guest post on 1000 Awesome Friends)

Retweets for mental health

Ironing boards with quiet mechanisms