When you find a surprise wrapped inside yummy layers

Many years ago, my grandparents treated me to dinner at the Tablerock Restaurant overlooking Niagara's Horseshoe Falls. I was allowed to order anything I wanted from the menu, so I chose veal cordon bleu.

I was a fan of veal and the French name sounded kind of cool. Imagine my delight when I first cut into my breaded veal entrée and found stuffed inside a bonus layer of ham and melted cheese.

Maybe you experienced a similar delight at a childhood birthday party. You sliced through the icing and fresh cake, only to strike something solid. Hey, that’s money wrapped in wax paper. Oh yeah, jackpot!

I recall that same element of surprise when I first fell in love with Ferrero Rocher chocolates at a party in MontrĂ©al. I thought the gold wrapper was lovely, but little did I suspect the treat in store for me. As if the crunchy chocolaty exterior wasn’t good enough, at the core, I discovered Nutella filling and a whole hazelnut.

Finding something hidden inside layers of deliciousness…

perfectly AWESOME!

Do you have any favourites?

Comments

Readers' faves

Any excuse to celebrate (my guest post on 1000 Awesome Friends)

Retweets for mental health

Ironing boards with quiet mechanisms