Creative invitations

This past week, I was amazed by the creativity behind two wedding invitations. Even before I opened the first invitation, it was clear that something was up. It arrived in bubble packing. Yes, my cousin and his fiancĂ©, both of whom are avid cyclists, sent Specialized Purist™ water bottles as wedding invitations.

Their ingenuity didn’t stop there. Apart from their names and wedding date, the water bottle sported a splash of the bride-to-be’s trademark pink, a hilarious comic strip and countless notes about awesome things. These are selections from the 250 notes my cousin’s fiancĂ© wrote about him and then hid around their home. My favourites: “You are more awesome than wheelies.” and “You are more awesome than freshly sharpened pencils.”

The water bottle’s insert featured plenty of humourous quips, such as instructions on appropriate attire, what not to throw (e.g., havarti, biscotti, confetti) and how to park a car. Thanks for the giggles, Chris and Gnat!

When I shared that invitation with my friend Cindy, she showed me the second invitation, which is more serious and yet imaginative. The bride and groom each have parents who are immigrants and proud Canadians, so Pier 21 in Halifax is their choice of venue for the upcoming nuptials.

As someone whose grandparents (an RCAF radar serviceman and a British war bride) sailed from/into Halifax’s famous Pier 21, I automatically loved the wedding invitation styled to look like a ship boarding pass.

Eschewing the traditional white invitations with metallic calligraphy, I call that…

AWESOME!

Comments

  1. Those are both very cool and creative! Kudos to them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the water bottle! Coolest invite I've ever received :)
    Love the ticket idea, too. Really helps you connect to the people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you agree that these invitations are great fun, Coralee.

    Thank goodness you found your water bottle when you went back to the pool, Rachelle! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My cousin's wedding turned out to be even more creative than the invitations. Need proof? Here's a link to the photos, including the cheese cake (wedding cake made of cheese rounds, topped with Playmobil people dressed like the bride and groom), an inflatable play area for jumping into a ball pit, a flower girl scattering a bag of flour, taco truck catering, lots of personal touches and the vows rocked. So glad my mom, stepfather, my BC sister and brother-in-law could represent this side of the fam for the Cali celebration.

    Congrats, Gnat and Chris! May your lives together be filled to the brim with even more fun, silliness and love.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Readers' faves

Any excuse to celebrate (my guest post on 1000 Awesome Friends)

Retweets for mental health

Ironing boards with quiet mechanisms