A Kodak moment

How great is it when the world suddenly presents you with a Kodak moment? For my Gen Y / Millennial readers, think postcard- or Twitpic-perfect moment.

Tonight, on my way home from a work function, I spotted a double rainbow over a road lined with lupines. It doesn't get any more Atlantic Canada than that. Sadly, my poor image quality cannot possibly do the picture-perfect scene justice.


Before I could travel even a quarter of a kilometre down the same stretch of road, I pulled over to photograph the same double rainbow extending across Covehead Bay to touch PEI's famous red shoreline. How I wish that the second rainbow was as clear in this photo as it was in person. (Click on the images to see larger versions.)


I should always travel with a camera that is superior to my Blackberry's built-in cam. Then I'd be able to capture those Kodak moments properly to readily share a good dose of

AWESOME!!!

Comments

  1. This is not only awesome, but also amazing. Missing Atlantic Canada a lot this morning, and this really brightened my day! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You can really see the second rainbow in the second pic. (I have trouble with the first.) So beautiful! Glad you got to live it. (Now go quick and search for the gold!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad this entry gave you the boost you needed, Coralee.

    I think of it this way...you may be missing Atlantic Canada dearly, but you're also adding some civility and Cape Breton flair to "cold" Toronto.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed, Rachelle. The first picture doesn't show off the double rainbow. I only included that photo, because unlike the second photo the first one has lupines lining the roadside.

    Thank you, Blogger, for not limiting me to a single pic per blog post.

    And thank you for the comments, Rachelle and Coralee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love anticipation and reward.
    i just opened the BIG version of yesterday's "rainbows over lupines" photo.

    you need not worry about not capturing the exuberant essence of nature.

    in my mind's eye, i am truly standing next to you on the roadway.
    thank you for inviting me.

    alex

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Readers' faves

Any excuse to celebrate (my guest post on 1000 Awesome Friends)

Retweets for mental health

Ironing boards with quiet mechanisms