Protective mothers

Mothers nourish, clothe, clean, coddle, teach and make sacrifices for the sake of their children.

Regardless of geography, race, age or financial status, the maternal instinct drives women to create the best possible environment in which to raise their children.

Mothers are also fiercely protective of their wee ones. I recall a tense moment in Algonquin Park when my hubby and I suddenly found ourselves on a road dividing a mama moose from her two calves. (Not a good place to be when a moose fears her young may be threatened.)

The spring rains we're experiencing now bring to mind another situation when I witnessed a mare shielding her newborn foal from torrential downpours. She stood right over top of her tiny, wobbly baby. Whenever the winds shifted, that mom would shuffle to buffer the rain and shelter her foal.

When it comes to humans, moms safeguard their little ones from physical harm or discomfort, disturbing situations, bullies, heartbreak and so much more.

Having a protective mom or mother figure (e.g., grandmother, aunt, godmother) who looks out for you...

AWESOME!

Comments

  1. I'm 41 and my Mom still tries to protect me from the big bad world. Thanks Mom... you are AWESOME!

    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you, M. Make sure she knows you publicly dubbed her awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Readers' faves

Any excuse to celebrate (my guest post on 1000 Awesome Friends)

Retweets for mental health

Ironing boards with quiet mechanisms