Campfire ditties

Who hasn’t become carried away by a campfire song? You know the ones best sung while donning pyjamas, a bathing suit or well-worn jeans.

Maybe you sang the songs at scout, band or church camps or just hanging out with friends as a teenager.

Those of you with stamina may try to sing Don MacLean’s lengthy classic "American Pie". Personally, I prefer an off-key, but spirited version of “Puff the Magic Dragon” or any of the following campfire ditties:
When I was young, one of my uncles used to play the guitar and we would sing along with him. I cannot recall all the songs, but a number of them included extra loud raspberry sounds and ended in giggles.

Kumbaya, I mean, AWESOME!

So do any songs jog memories for you of time spent around a fire? If so, please share them with all of us by clicking on the comments section below.

Comments

  1. I didn't experience many campfires as a kid ... more as an adult. They involved pyjamas, stories, laughter, beer and smores. No singing. But now I have the ants marching two by two in my head ... thanks for getting that song stuck there!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember Uncle Peter singing/playing a lot of Beetles songs.

    My fav, Billy Joel's The Piano Man, harmonica and guitar being played by Jamie in Ipperwash.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Readers' faves

Any excuse to celebrate (my guest post on 1000 Awesome Friends)

Retweets for mental health

Ironing boards with quiet mechanisms