An unexpected response

Don’t you just love out-of-the-norm reactions?

While at the local hospital, I somehow managed to lose my parking stub between the time I parked my car and when I exited the building. As I approached the security gate, I anticipated I’d need to pay the daily maximum, but the attendant smiled and waved me on through.

Turns out it wasn’t really the amount of money I saved that pleased me the most. No, it was the look on the attendant’s face when I explained that I had no clue where I had misplaced my parking stub.

Without uttering a word, his eyes seemed to express, “Yeah, we’ve all been there at one point or another. Look, forget about it and have a nice day.”

I doubt that kind of reaction happens very often. In most cities, the attendant would’ve punched in the daily maximum without even making eye contact with me. So that kind stranger’s response was both unexpected and

AWESOME!

Comments

Readers' faves

Any excuse to celebrate (my guest post on 1000 Awesome Friends)

Retweets for mental health

Ironing boards with quiet mechanisms