Observing joy in someone’s eyes

When that kind of happiness lights up someone else’s face you cannot help but feel joy in return. Sheer joy can be nearly as contagious as a yawn.

Lucky me, in the past few days I’ve observed and felt joy for those around me. The sources of that joy were varied, but powerful all the same.

Early in the week, grade-five Island students lit up as we introduced them to the wonders of science during NRC’s BioQuest celebration for National Science and Technology Week.

Shortly thereafter, friends of mine landed new jobs and shared stories of newly kindled loves.

Then yesterday, my hubby managed to score less than 100 points at a challenging golf course and a respected entrepreneur told me about sealing a financing deal to take his company to the next level.

And last night, I Skyped with my sister, brother-in-law and three-month-old niece. Despite the somewhat stilted, albeit free, video signal traveling from Vancouver, the joy and pride in my sister’s eyes was as contagious as if she was seated right in front of me.

AWESOME!

Comments

Readers' faves

Any excuse to celebrate (my guest post on 1000 Awesome Friends)

Retweets for mental health

Ironing boards with quiet mechanisms