Waterproof boots


Source: ~Melanie on Pinterest
Facing a pond-sized puddle at an intersection? No problem.

Mucking about on the farm or need to hike across a mud-sodden field to reach a primo birding spot? Easy peasy.

Rushing to place your recycling bin outside before the truck passes your house? Slip those boots on in record time.

Winter snowdrifts won’t even pose a challenge when you have rubber boots. Granted, today’s waterproof boots tend to feature less rubber and more polyvinyl chloride (PVC).  

Today’s shoppers may choose from a surprising variety of colours, styles and brands, including ones that will set you back hundreds of dollars.  

I admit, I have a tall pair, a short pair, insulated ones, purple ones and black ones. Since I’m prone to drop heavy items or stub (read: break) my piggies, I even own a pair of steel-toed galoshes

That’s what Francophones, or at least the Franco-Ontarians I’ve met, call rubber boots. (Mind you, my teachers taught me they were bottes en caoutchouc.)

You can also call them puddle-jumpers, gumboots, Wellington boots, Wellies, Hunter’s,  and so on. Whatever name you apply, boots that give you a licence to do anything are...

      AWESOME!


Comments

  1. Just love em! The fearlessness of deliberately walking through a big muddy puddle... exhilarating! And they're cute to boot (pun intended). 5 pairs in my closet and there's always room for more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so punny, Wendy.
      Why am I not surprised this blog post spoke to you? :-)

      Delete
  2. I love the orange wellies Sven gave me this Christmas. However most adults forget, when jumping in puddles, keep you knees together :) otherwise the splashes will make it look like you peed your pants (a lesson I learned the hard way)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wise words. I'll add that to my list of cautions, which starts with Mom-mom's about sand...

      P.S. I know someone who would love to see a photo of the orange wellies from your hubby.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Readers' faves

Any excuse to celebrate (my guest post on 1000 Awesome Friends)

Retweets for mental health

Ironing boards with quiet mechanisms