Seuss, Seuss and more Seuss

Following up on my any excuse to celebrate entry, this month I submitted my second guest post to the fan-led 1000awesomefriends.org site.

This time I chose to write in a different fashion and my topic was how Dr. Seuss influenced and influences generations of readers. Here’s a teaser…

Inspiring generations to read

Long before we had blogs, Google, flickr and Tweets,
Dr. Seuss introduced us to Blogg, Yertle, Once-ler and Kweets.

Along Mulberry Street and Pompelmoose Pass too,
down to Who-ville and over to Solla Sollew.

He showed us odd kingdoms, near and far,
fed our brains and created characters bizarre.

Check out the continuation of my silly poem on 1000awesomefriends.org [scroll past the book covers to read extra verses and reach the concluding AWESOME].


Comments

  1. Seriously awesome post (both here & on 1000 awesomes). You rock, lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rachelle. I remember reading those books to you when you were a wee thing. ;-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Readers' faves

Any excuse to celebrate (my guest post on 1000 Awesome Friends)

Retweets for mental health

Ironing boards with quiet mechanisms