Children's sense of wonder

A grade-five student is wowed by
solid CO2 (dry ice) as it sublimates in a
beaker of dry ice, water & food colouring.
Jaws drop. Eyes bulge. Hearts pound.

 “Oooohs” and “aaaaahs” slip from the mouths of babes.

Think back to a time when you were amazed by a first experience. Maybe it was as you witnessed:
  • a trapeze artist performing daring feats;
  • your first fireworks display;
  • a magician’s illusions;
  • a ballerina dancing in pointe shoes;
  • just about anything through a telescope;
  • exotic animals at a zoo; or maybe it was simply
  • an unexpected results from a science experiment.
A childhood sense of wonder is well worth preserving, so retain and nurture yours. There's no doubt it's

      AWESOME!

For me, interacting with nature and reading novels set in other cultures or time periods tend to spur my sense of wonder. Anything in particular do it for you?

Comments

  1. That is one awesome-looking, fun-loving, mad scientist. I love it!!! Babies are a wonder to me. When I stop and really think about how a baby is formed, developed and brought to life in its mother's womb. It fills me with awe and wonder. And makes me believe in miracles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can understand why, Cindy. Thanks to R&C, I'll soon have another wee one to fill me with wonder and love.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Readers' faves

Any excuse to celebrate (my guest post on 1000 Awesome Friends)

Retweets for mental health

Ironing boards with quiet mechanisms