Aiming high

Why is it that we set professional goals and objectives, but rarely do so for personal pursuits?

Last week, I had a rare evening of quiet and solitude, so I curled up in a comfy chair and pondered my personal goals. 

So far, my life has been full of tremendous joys and unforgettable experiences. (Thanks to all of you who have been part of the ride!) Still, I dug deep to dream up other activities to attempt, places to visit and ways to stretch beyond my comfort zone.

To avoid distractions, I turned off my computer and put my Blackberry on silent mode. Armed with a pen and paper, I began what some label a bucket list.

I’ve called mine Lise Lafontaine’s Lofty Life List. I left out the hyphen, because it is both a lofty-life list and a lofty life-list. Interpret it as you will.

The 60 items on it range from serious to silly, inexpensive to pricey and commendable to selfish. While I may not attain all these goals in the next half century, I plan to try.

The journey will be worth it and I’m sure that when I check selected items off my list it will feel

      AWESOME!

P.S. Will our paths cross as I embark on these adventures?

P.P.S. If I’ve inspired you to write your own short or long list, then please let me know so I can check #37 off my list.  

Lise Lafontaine's Lofty Life List 

Part A (1–17)

Part B (18–34)



Part C (35–49)
Part D (50–60)


61. Get published (not just as ghost author for others) 
62. Meet at least five inspiring authors
63. Visit Universal Studios Park (Star Wars) and Wizarding World of Harry Potter
64. Soar in a glider like birds of prey riding thermals
65. See unique wildlife in Galapagos or Australia

                                 Part E (61+), added 2016/03/03





SaveSave

Comments

  1. Yes! I love this! Self-reflection and subsequent improvement is an essential part of life! If you're lookig to fulfill #38 this year, don't forget to call up someone you know living in NYC to join you. That person might even be up for #4 or #11 in the same day. Also, can #10 be accomplished electronically?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Learn to leave work at work? Crazy talk! lol. Actually, its sound advice I don't follow. I love your list. What a great mix. I'll have to come up with one. Thanks for the incentive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I'm amazed by how many of you contacted me to say you're going to start your own life list. Have a blast with the entire process!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll let you know if I head to the Big Apple, Marlena. As for #10, sure it's possible (albeit highly unlikely) in either a traditional or electronic Scrabble game. Guess I'll just have to keep playing.

    Cindy G: I suspect not many PR folks leave work at work, especially now that social media and wireless devices keep us tethered, I mean connected, at all times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A few of you have pointed out that I made a mistake in #38. You're absolutely correct. I meant the Plaza, not the Ritz.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You let me know that you wanted me to share my progress. Instead of tracking everything in the comments section here, I created a separate page. Here's a link to where I've been recording my little leaps in my lofty life list. http://liselafontaine.blogspot.ca/p/little-leaps-in-lise-lafontaines-lofty.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Readers' faves

Any excuse to celebrate (my guest post on 1000 Awesome Friends)

Retweets for mental health

Ironing boards with quiet mechanisms