Free drinks

A friend shows up on your porch with a case of cold ones.

An officer hands you a complimentary glass of champagne to welcome you to the captain’s cocktail reception.

You’re in a restaurant and a couple at the next table receives wine “on the house” to make up for a lackluster meal. That couple wants to call it a night and offers the carafe to you.

Cheers. Prost. Salute. Santé. Bottom’s up. Or as my Francophone friends in Ottawa say, “Iglou, iglou, iglou.”

AWESOME!

BTW, that's a sunburn, not alcohol-induced redness ;-)

Comments

  1. Lovely photo of Lise, well typical anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous (a.k.a. Don Matthews) emailed me the same response. I replied that in this family, I come by it naturally ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Readers' faves

Any excuse to celebrate (my guest post on 1000 Awesome Friends)

Retweets for mental health

Ironing boards with quiet mechanisms