Starting someone's day off right

Have you ever pulled up to a drive-through window only to discover that the person ahead of you paid for your order?

For more than a decade, my friend Cindy has picked up her Timmy's tea, bought treats for colleagues at the office and handed over payment for the order belonging to the driver in the car behind hers. Imagine how surprised and pleased that person must be upon finding out there's a freebie waiting, because of a stranger's random act of kindness.

Sometimes what starts your day off can be something without monetary value.

For example, Maria Popova's Twitter feed consistently starts my day off on the right foot. She curates interesting oddities spanning literature and design to science and culture. I cannot resist following her links, and I'm rewarded not only with a smile, but I also get my mental juices flowing.  

Down in California, my cousin and his wickedly cool wife (I've blogged about them before) make a playful difference in the lives of their neighbours and tourists alike by decorating their lawn dino, Dug.

As of yesterday, people around the world learned about Dug when the hip Tyrannosaurus Rex hit number one on Reddit, which in turn earned him a Huffington Post article

How could you not smile if you happened upon Dug during your commute? Live too far away? You can enjoy his adventures by following the Dug the TRex Facebook page.

Is there someone or something that starts your day off

      AWESOME?

If so, comment away below.


Comments

Readers' faves

Any excuse to celebrate (my guest post on 1000 Awesome Friends)

Retweets for mental health

Ironing boards with quiet mechanisms