Brio

It's a sweet and spicy, carbonated drink.

The easiest way to find Brio is to frequent Italian restaurants or grocery stores in Little Italy.

If you've never seen or tried Brio, and you live outside of Canada, your best bet is to search for chinotto sodas. (Only by searching for that chinotto Wikipedia entry did I learn that Brio is based on a fruit juice.)

What's better than just drinking Brio?
For me, it's enjoying Brio Chinotto, because it conjures up memories of panzerotti (a.k.a. calzone) nights with family.

       AWESOME!!!

P.S. If anyone knows whether any stores on PEI carry Brio, please drop me a line.

Comments

  1. My half Italian side is loving this post. My mom's family drinks Brio like it's their job. I have many good memories of sitting in my Zia Gina's living room sipping Brio and eating prosciutto on thick Italian bread. Delish! The one thing I've always wondered about Brio: why so heavy on the carbonation? I've never had another soda with such intense bubblage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shaken up too much on the trip overseas from Italy?

      Delete
    2. I think I'd enjoy hanging out in your Zia Gina's living room, Marlena. Brio would also be a great side to your scrumptious veggie lasagna.

      Delete
  2. Anyone know where I can buy brio online? I moved from canada to the states years ago and I can't find it anywhere. I've found one place online that sells the 1L. Bottles but they want 6 bucks for one. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting it shipped would be pricey. If you live near a major U.S. city, then go to the "Little Italy" section, find a grocery store specializing in International foods or call around to some of your nearby Italian restaurants. You may not find the Brio brand, but chances are good you'll find a Chinotto of some kind (maybe the the San Pellegrino brand) or someone there may be able to tell you how to track it down.
      Good luck. I hope your efforts are rewarded by uncovering some delicious, bubbly Italian pop.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Readers' faves

Any excuse to celebrate (my guest post on 1000 Awesome Friends)

Retweets for mental health

Ironing boards with quiet mechanisms