Zooming in

Am I the only one who thinks of Grover's near-and-far skit while zooming in and out with a camera? OK, maybe that's just me.

As much as I love that Sesame Street clip, I like zoom capability even more. Telephoto lenses and optical zoom technology can score you a picture that looks like you were right beside your photo subject.

Digital cameras and even mobile phones that let you snap close-up shots without disturbing wildlife make photo outings

      AWESOME!!!

Red Fox in the Cavendish area of
Prince Edward Island National Park

(Note: Trust me, you'll want to disable the digital zoom option or you'll end up wasting your photo opportunity. You'll also want to steady your camera on a tripod or anything else that's available, because zooming in magnifies movement and can interfere with your photo quality.)

Comments

  1. Love the dark boots this guy is wearing. Reminds me of Puss in Boots :)
    Your photos are so beautiful, Lise. I wish someone had told me that tip about digital zoom a decade ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the compliment about my photos, Rachelle.

    BTW, as far as I could tell, the fox didn't have an Antonio Banderas accent. LOL But what a rich and colourful coat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is indeed a beautiful photo. You could use it to enter the photo contest with Costco.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Lise. Glad you enjoy my pics. How fun would that be to win a photo contest?! I have tons of practice to go, but I sure have fun learning as I go.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Readers' faves

Any excuse to celebrate (my guest post on 1000 Awesome Friends)

Retweets for mental health

Ironing boards with quiet mechanisms